Cuesta Campos has participated in the representation of national and foreign clients within this industry. Our firm has represented and negotiated contracts of provision of transport services, such as the design of the legal infrastructure of logistic companies. The included services are detailed below:
• Drafting and negotiation of contracts for the provision of transport services for companies in the industry.
• Procedures and obtaining necessary permits for the operations of companies in the area.
• Design of legal scaffolding that justifies the transport, import and export of goods.
• Preparation and processing of lawsuits and appeals against resolutions derived from international trade and transport.
• Counseling on international merchandise sales.
Negotiation of the acquisition of shares of a Mexican company, to a government provider of transport and telecommunications service needs. Our firm carried out the due diligence, including areas of foreign trade, corporate, contractual, fiscal, administrative, real estate, intellectual property and compliance issues (anti-corruption practices), in the preparation of such purchase.
Satisfactory negotiations with various concessionaires regarding agreements on interconnection rates and obtaining favorable resolutions regarding interconnection disagreements promoted before the Federal Institute of Telecommunications.
Advice and legal representation to a world leading company in intelligent transportation systems for a public tender procedure to obtain a contract for the supply of electronic toll systems. The scope of the project included analysis and review of the bases, meetings with the authorities for clarifications, and monitoring of the process until the final decision.
Cuesta Campos represented and provided tax advice to an international intelligent systems company in the operation of roads, technology, and telecommunications, related to its intercompany operations and transactions between related parties. The analysis of the legislation required interdisciplinary work with firms in the United States to combine the tax implications both in Mexico and abroad, and to comply with provisions such as FCPA and prevention of money laundering.